I would also like to point out that I probably won't go over many games that are in the pack deals steam has to offer, mostly because the only pack I'd personally recommend at the Valve Complete Pack. That's only because none of the packs interest me too much, but definitely check them all out if you are looking for a super sweet deal.
- Anomaly Warzone Earth - An interesting take on the Tower Defense genre, where you are the invading force. Invade enemy alien occupied territories, and take Earth back!
- Edge - A minimalist puzzle game, where your objective is to navigate a cube through various mazes, Nothing complex to learn, but sure can be addicting.
- Lone Survivor - A quaint side-scrolling horror game that, despite its appearance, gives of a Silent Hill level of horror. Interesting to say the least.
- Cave Story + - The updated version of the cult hit platformer, which features updated graphics, new game modes, and a remastered soundtrack. The original took the indie world by storm, and is still available in it's classic form for free
- Trine - Mostly physics based side-scrolling action game, but everything about it, from the lovable story and characters, to the thrilling combat and thought-inducing puzzles, makes this series one to check out.
- Alan Wake - This psychological thriller revolves around using light to help defeat your foes. Presented in the familiar style of any TV series, Alan Wake's intense atmosphere, interesting story, and tense combat sequences bring the player an original game that is worth a play.
- Bioshock - With tactics and game play unlike any other, this First-Person shooter dares to ask "What are you willing to do to make it out alive. You can opt to modify your body with plasmids to give you super human powers, such as electricity, fire, and ice to dispatch your foes. Use your environment to your advantage, too, and if all else fails, your guns are never to far away.
- Super Meat Boy - An unrelenting platformer that will cut you open and put salt in your wounds. The addicting gameplay, unexpected humor, awesome music, and challenging difficulty will keep you coming back for more.
- The Binding of Isaac - This randomly generated RPG shooter, very reminiscent of the old Legend of Zelda classics, is brought to you by the same developer as Super Meat Boy. Use hundreds of items and power-ups to work your way through hordes of creatures and rooms-a-plenty.
- Borderlands: Game of The Year Edition - Love guns? Love loot? Love shooting psychotic midget bandits in the face and stealing their loot? This is the game for you! Borderlands is a sprawling FPS unlike any other. Borderlands wants to make sure you will never find the same gun, you will never get over your loot addiction, and that you will never see what loony characters or one-liners are coming until they hit you like a comedic freight train.
- Braid - A puzzle platformer that will test your wits, allowing you to manipulate time in many different ways, including pause, rewind, time dilation, parallel realities, and oh so more. Plus, the main character wears a suit. How much more classy can you get?
- Plants vs. Zombies Game of the Year Edition - I'm not usually one to play games like this, but I loved the time I spent with it. This action strategy game forces you to think creatively as you employ your wide arsenal of plants to defend your home from the zombie invasion. Don't let the cute visuals fool your, this game can be a challenge, for sure.
- The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - Looking for an immersive western RPG to scratch your gaming itch? Look no further than Skyrim. Skyrim revolutionized the open-world fantasy genre all by itself when it launched, and with never-ending in game quests, along with player mods and Bethesda's promise to deliver top notch DLC, you'll be playing this game for years to come.
- Deus Ex: Human Revolution - Have you ever want to build a better you? Ever think of the consequences of such technology? With Deus Ex: HR, that's what it's all about. Explore the world of 2027, full of cybernetic augmentations that are the center of major controversies around the world. There is always more than one way to solve a certain challenge. Did I mention that your choices affect the world around you in ways you may not expect? What will you do?
- From Dust - Now is your chance to become God. Protect and nurture a primitive tribe of beings, as the world around them constantly tries to kill them. You must learn how to control the elements, for it is imperative to their survival.
There it is, folks. My top recommended buys for the Steam Summer Sale so far. Don't see anything new or interesting? Give some suggestion in the comments down below for other readers to see, and if I missed anything, I'll make sure to update this post as the deals come rolling in. Stay tuned!